Bikings

It would be nice to have the Burke-Gillman trail open from 145th to Log Boom Park again (supposedly mid-December), but I must say, I kind of grew to like the detour (or my slightly modified version of the "official" one). The trail is, of course, a lot safer but it's also a bit boring in my opinion. Flat, similar scenery all along that stretch. By contrast, the detour is way hillier (which means some strenuous climbs, but also some fun descents!) and I quite like the portion that goes through Shoreline, especially the gorgeous view of the Cascades and Lake Washington from the east side of the hill near by the cemetery. I am thankful for the opportunity to find an alternative, fun route (if you think hills are fun and don't mind some riding in traffic) and I do think I'll use it quite often even after the trail is back to normal.

Continue reading




Although now that there aren't many hours of daylight I've been commuting the shorter way: load the bike on the bus from Montlake to Evergreen. A nice route and takes only about an hour between home and work. Added benefit is that I can ride it as often as every work day unlike the Kirkland way which is still a little much (there and back = ~40 miles) for me right now. Hopefully by next spring/summer my health will have improved somewhat...

posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Thoughts about work and life.


Anonymous Questions Answered